We hope that your bags are packed, and you are ready to come to St. Louis! On behalf of the conference organizers, it is my great pleasure to invite you to the 10th International Aerosol Conference (IAC 2018) to be held September 2-7, 2018 at the America’s Center in St. Louis, Missouri, USA. The Conference Committee with leadership of Technical Program Co-Chairs, Drs. C.Y. Wu, U of Florida and Brent Williams, Washington University in St. Louis, have prepared a fabulous program for all. I will provide some of the key highlights (of course only a selected list, with lot more details in the Program Book)
- The regular full slate of tutorials on Sunday on a wide range of aerosol science topics, including the popular "Hands-on Aerosol Instrumentation Design and Measurement" tutorial.
- An exciting array of plenary talks, special symposia, poster sessions, platform presentations, and special events from Monday morning through Friday.
- Nine different Symposia on topics ranging from Low Cost PM Sensors to Infectious Aerosols to Reactor Studies to Mega Cities are being planned.
This year we will have some additional highlights:
- A Grand Challenges Workshop that will discuss and identify the scientific challenges in the field of aerosol science and engineering (Sunday afternoon)
- A “Fine Particle Art Competition” with pictures of best looking or most interesting particles, and an opportunity to vote to select the winners!
- Meet the Pioneers, where you can interact with leaders in the field in an informal setting (Lunch hour on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday afternoon and Friday)
- Technical tours to Washington University in St. Louis, start-up incubator park in the Cortex district, Boeing and Anheuser Busch.
- Recreational tours – opportunities for your entire family to enjoy (hope they are coming along)
- A Banquet in the St. Louis Arch on Thursday evening, which will be a great opportunity to celebrate and mingle with colleagues.
- And much more!
We are looking forward to an outstanding conference at a great location that you certainly don’t want to miss. The Mayor has declared the week of September 2 to 7, 2018 in St. Louis as “Aerosol Science and Engineering Week” – please see the proclamation on this page. I look forward to seeing you in St. Louis in early September.
2018 Conference Chair
PROCLAMATION BY THE MAYOR OF ST. LOUIS
Click on the image to view
Click here for more details on each tour.
STUDENT ASSISTANT PROGRAM
Student Assistant Application: click here
Please note: All travel grant recipients will be able to register at the Early Bird rate.
Questions regarding the travel grants can be directed to Brad Clark at email@example.com